Welcome Guest | RSS

Huck's World

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Test category » Huck's Forum » Lyrics competition....idea, what do you think?
Lyrics competition....idea, what do you think?
HuckDate: Sunday, 06-06-2010, 1:38 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Administrators
I have this idea for a lyric competition where i make a piece of music, and ask people to try and make the lyrics up for it....€20 prize ofr the winner.

What do yous think? Do yous think it will fly?

RizlauserDate: Sunday, 06-06-2010, 4:10 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Worth a try m8

This is our city,
Whoever they send here,
We're gonnae catch 'em,
We're gonnae cook 'em,
And we're gonnae EAT 'em

DaemonSinDate: Thursday, 10-06-2010, 9:54 PM | Message # 3
Private
Quote (Huck)
What do yous think? Do yous think it will fly?

It's a good idea but it's success depends on how hard you drive it. Get the music sorted and whip up some interest in the RHP Culture forum.

HuckDate: Friday, 11-06-2010, 2:18 AM | Message # 4
Private
Quote (DaemonSin)
It's a good idea but it's success depends on how hard you drive it. Get the music sorted and whip up some interest in the RHP Culture forum.

I've put feelers out in 4 forums that i use, and even though i got low responses i got high views. I'm going to work on my tune after next week, then push it on the 4 forums again (€50 prize i've decided), and i'll also upload an ad video on youtube, clone it three times, and video response them to a few big hitter video types...i should get at least a bit of traffic that way.

I'm thinking of a minumum entry limit of either 50 or 100, thus gauranteeing a certain amount of people here before i have to shell out the money. I'll also have a time limit so it doesn't take forever. What do you think?

PawnhandlerDate: Friday, 11-06-2010, 5:35 AM | Message # 5
Private
Group: Users
Are you going to pick the winner? Have a vote? Maybe make a video of the top five entries and have people vote on those (i.e. the lyrics in context)? For some of us who have never done lyrics, it'll be easier to decide if we can participate once we here the music. It sounds like a great idea, though.

Forum » Test category » Huck's Forum » Lyrics competition....idea, what do you think?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: