Huck's World

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Test category » Huck's Forum » Site ideas
Site ideas
HuckDate: Friday, 04-06-2010, 4:44 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Administrators
Yep....i want you all to help do my work for me, and give me ideas on how to improve the site.

If you see any websites that i can shamefacedly plagiarize, or anything you think i do....post here, and i'll ask our resident webmiester what the feasability is.

Thanks in advance....Huck

DaemonSinDate: Friday, 04-06-2010, 11:18 PM | Message # 2
Private
Bottom line is that you need more active users, so to attract them you need to give them something to do here.

Generally, anything that gets people talking works well. Try and start a few interesting forum threads or post entertaining/controversial articles that will get people posting comments. Maybe even try a competition (eg: prose, photos, music, etc...) that people can participate in.

WheelyDate: Monday, 07-06-2010, 10:19 AM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Frankly I think you might consider a clear objective. The site doesn't have a "what the hell is this site about" link.

Is it a blog site?
Is it a site for people to look at other people's music?
Is it a site for art in general ?
Is the site a vehicle for you to take over the world?
etc etc.

Something kind of funky about it though smile

HuckDate: Monday, 07-06-2010, 5:52 PM | Message # 4
Private
Quote (Wheely)
Frankly I think you might consider a clear objective. The site doesn't have a "what the hell is this site about" link.
Is it a blog site?
Is it a site for people to look at other people's music?
Is it a site for art in general ?
Is the site a vehicle for you to take over the world?
etc etc.
Something kind of funky about it though

To be honest, it was just meant to be a vehicle for posting my videos, but like the best laid plans of mice i had to then work out how i was going to get people here to watch them...that and i found adsense and wanted to see if i could make some scratch with it :P

I kinda like the place now it's done up. I have things i'd like to do with it, and i know i'd need other people to get involved....hence the competition idea. I'd love to get weekly album reviews, and a couple of interesting people with something to say. Also, i'd like to get a few lesser known youtubers to post their stuff here, maybe give them a seperate page to themselves.

In short....i'm winging it here.

DaemonSinDate: Thursday, 10-06-2010, 9:58 PM | Message # 5
Private
I like the idea of album reviews. You going to focus on mainstream artists or lesser known ones?

HuckDate: Friday, 11-06-2010, 2:07 AM | Message # 6
Private
Quote (DaemonSin)
I like the idea of album reviews. You going to focus on mainstream artists or lesser known ones?

I'm not sure, the problem with lesser known bands is that i don't know them. I'm out of the loop for new bands and i guess the wheat from chaff thing is beyond me. I'd have to pick big bands till someone suggests a way of picking lesser known bands in a way that makes it interesting to read.

I could itune an album every two weeks, and give a review on it for now, and hope that people can suggest stuff. That is feasable for now, i guess.

PawnhandlerDate: Friday, 11-06-2010, 5:33 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Users
Suggestion: Why not have a thread about the upcoming World Cup? Yes, it's discussed elsewhere, but still...

Forum » Test category » Huck's Forum » Site ideas
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: